[hpsdr] Problems with direct connection PC-OpenHPSDR

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Thu May 30 06:48:22 PDT 2019

Hi All.

For the first time as far as I can remember, I am not able to get in
direct connection from a PC to an Orion MKII (and Hermes)

I am using an Intel NUC Mini PC with a i7 processor. It work perfect as
long as the LAN connection is via a switch but when trying direct
connection, it does not work. The strange thing is that if they have been
connected and I just move the cable from the switch and connect directly,
the connection is OK for around 10-20 seconds, then disconnects and after
that it is not possible to connect.

I have had times before that I had to set a fixed IP address on the
OpenHPSDR card to use direct connection and then there was no problem. And
I have tried on 2-3 other PC´s, all with Win10 installed and it always
works.

So I have concluded that there must be a setting in the NUC PC that is
different from the others. I had problems when I first  installed Win10 on
that PC. I had to select UEFI instead of Legacy when booting during setup
(whatever this means, I am not a PC Guru anyway!)

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

73, Kjell
--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/