[hpsdr] Problems with direct connection PC-OpenHPSDR

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Thu May 30 07:29:47 PDT 2019

Is this Protocol 1 or 2? If Protocol 2, is the NUC capable of Gigabit
Ethernet on the wired port?

Are you using APIPA? If so, then the subnet mask on the PC must be
255.255.0.0 and the SDR board must be set to DHCP (0.0.0.0).

Static addressing is greatly preferred over APIPA for direct connections. I
recommend static addressing for direct connections. If you are using WiFi
on the NUC choose a different subnet for the wired port and SDR board. E.g.
if the WiFi is 192.168.1.x then use 192.168.5.x on the wired port and SDR
board. Subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

If the NUC has WiFi enabled this counts as a second NIC and the Network
Metric settings must be manually set so that the wired port has a lower
Network Metric value than the WiFi adapter. Otherwise disable the WiFi.

73,

Scott