[hpsdr] HERMES RUNNING P2 WITH PS PROBLEM?

Martin Emmerson martinhemmerson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 02:37:24 PDT 2019

HERMES RUNNING P2 WITH PS PROBLEM

I would like to ask if anyone running Hermes (or Anan 100/10 using the same
board),
and running Protocol 2 with Pure Signal 2 have a problem with PS not
starting
about half the time when activating TX? (No "Feedback" or "Correcting"
showing!)
I have two Hermes boards (both home made) and they both have the same
problem, also
a friend has tried and has the same problem.
If anyone is running this combination without a problem I would like to
hear from
them to help my investigation.
So far I have managed to modify Thetis to try multiple times to start PS
until it
works, which can take up to 10 seconds.
Of course half the time it starts OK but the other half it can take a bit
longer to
start and it is necessary to have a signal (talking etc.) for it to work...
The problem would appear to be in the firmware (V10.7) as writing the
frequencies
repeatedly eventually gets the RX signals synchronized correctly and PS
works.
Other systems using two physical receivers (two ADCs) don't seem have this
problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Martin G3OQD.