[hpsdr] Thetis won't start

Tokio Endo endotokio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:59:48 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I’ve got an Orion MKII last year. So far I enjoyed playing it with PowerSDR mRX v3.4.9 on my PC, Dell XPS 8910 windows10 pro Japanese version.

I installed Thetis V2.6.9 after updating Orion MKII for Protocol 2.
However, Thetis won’t start crashing in audio.cs codes.

The error message:
=== quote ===
バンドルされていない例外[literally means unbundled error]
SytemArgumentOutOfRangeException”Unicode文字のマッピングがターゲットのマルチバイトコードページにありません”
[means mapping of Unicode doesn’t exist in target’s multibytee code page]
(Eception from HERSULT:0x80070459)'
=== unquote ===.

With a help of Doug W5WC, I downloaded Thetis project, and I build the solution and start Debug Run:

Line 247 of postaudio.cs has an error with the above error.
public static PaDeviceInfo PA_GetDeviceInfo(int device)
        {
            IntPtr ptr = PA_GetDeviceInfoPtr(device);
            PaDeviceInfo info = (PaDeviceInfo)Marshal.PtrToStructure(ptr, typeof(PaDeviceInfo));
            return info;
        }

In Japan, on the air I got that some Japanese hams could start Thetis but with English version Windows10. They may abandon Thetis due to the English version OS.

Installing English language Pack on Japanese Windows 10 doesn’t work either.

I have here VS2019 and Thetis Solution, so I could change the code.

I really appreciate any help.

73,

Tokio
JA1CCA