[hpsdr] Atlas based system TX freq high...

Pete Thompson n3evlpete at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 06:05:19 PST 2021

I have an Atlas system (Metis, Penelope, Mercury, Excalibur).

I have recently noticed that the TX frequency is slightly high. On 40m,
it is approx 70Hz high, on 20m about 140Hz high.  RX frequency seems to
be fine as verified with WWV and also external Elecraft signal reference
on 7040KHz.

I have verified the unwanted TX offset via another radio (SDR-1000).

I can correct for the offset using XIT.

The internal oscillator is linked to Mercury as shown in the setup screens.

I'm running latest PowerSDR Mrx and firmware and using Windows 10.

I recently upgraded to latest powerSDR.  At that time the upgrade
installation procedure was able to apparently successfully import the
existing database (although I was expecting to have to do a full manual
database setup).  The previous install was 3.3.9 IIRC.  I do not know if
the TX offset was present with that version.

Any ideas appreciated.

Pete, MM0INE/N3EVL