[hpsdr] VB-AUDIO virtual audio cables and mixers

Riho B., ES7AAZ es7aaz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:33:07 PST 2021

Hi all,

you may find this virtual audio stuff website interesting -
https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
I'm using their virtual auido cables and voicemeter banana mixer to mix and
route the audio streams.
I have to say that their audio apps are very professional and smooth. With
my Altas, Ozy, Mercury,
Penelope and Excalibur all runs perfectly. No glitch or pops or whatsoever
at all anymore.

NB! Beaware to disable "Manual Buffer Latency" in VAC. I don't excactly
know what it does, but I
screwed PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.9 audio section up twice changing this value.
Use VAC "Buffer Size" 128
and all works superiosly good. One more tip - change the virtual audio
cables input/output default
sample rates and bit depth accordingly to your VAC settings. I'm using
24-bit 48kHz default settings
for virtual audio cables, mixer input/output and apps input/output.

--
*73,*
*Riho ES7AAZ*