[hpsdr] HPSDR occasional crash

Riho B., ES7AAZ es7aaz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 06:46:35 PST 2021

Hi all.

to be honest, I'm kind of audiophile as well and I noticed that since the
beginning after building the Penelope board that the looped back (MON)
audio sounds distorted and there are frequent congestions like pauses on
Panadapter. These pauses were not seen while AVG was turned on. Now I think
it lost packages over USB. Renewing LibUSB drivers to version 1.2.7.1
resolved that all + improved RX quality and I'm very happy with my
oldschool HPSDR which still works over the USB. It does it all what I need
+ Excalibur board makes it rock stable. I personally don't need these fancy
things like diversity RX and Pure signal for everyday DXing and contesting.
BTW, HPSDR + PowerSDR mRX is superb setup for RTTY contesting.

--
*73,*
*Riho ES7AAZ*

*www.qrz.com/ES7AAZ <https://www.qrz.com/db/ES7AAZ>*