[hpsdr] HPSDR(Mercury, Pannylane, adn Metiz) and PowerSDR version

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat Oct 16 08:58:22 PDT 2021

Hi Tokio,

if I recall correctly 'drive control' is done by  varying  the DAC
current. Hence I would suggest to check first the real Penny RF output
power without any post-amplifier:

PA settings 38 dB, drive power 100 percent, apply 'Tune button' and
don't forget to select 'use drive power' in 'transmit/tune' window.

Output power should be around 500 mW @ 2 - 21 MHz, then power drops to
200 - 400 mW. The TX meter in PowerSDR shows slightly different values.
If all is ok, you can test the 'drive power' variation and measure how
far output followes the 'drive control'.

73, Helmut, DC6NY