[hpsdr] HPSDR(Mercury, Pannylane, adn Metiz) and PowerSDR version

Tokio endotokio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:20:01 PDT 2021

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your email.
According to the manual of Metis, I tried to flash Penelope with
HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap 2.
I put a jumper on JP1 of Metis as well as JP7 of Penelope(Mercury is
removed).

The Programmer is complaining that two boards are found and requesting no
J1.
Please look at the attached picture.

73,
Tokio

2021年10月17日(日) 11:56 Dave Larsen <kv0s.dave at gmail.com>:

> Tokio
>
> The problem is that the  board set has a separate FPGA on each board.  The
> Hermes has only one FPGA so the programming is simpler
>
> You can use Programmer to program the metis board then use the metis board
> as a jtag programmer to load the images into the mercury and Penelope or
> Pennylane.
>
> The manuals explain this process.
>

> Dave KV0S
>
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 9:41 PM Tokio <endotokio at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Pete, Helmut, All,
>>
>> I tried to flash my Penelope(TAPR) by HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap 2.0. This
>> software identifies Metis board with success.
>> The question is whether I can flash Penelope through Metis. The
>> Programmer is complaining the rbf file name is incorrect. I put the name "
>> Penelope_v1.8.rbf"  I've just downloaded.
>> Several years ago,  when I used to use Penelope, I updated the firmware
>> by using Altera Development Software. But the installation required a lot
>> of time. So I would like to use a more elegant way.
>>
>> 73,
>> Tokio
>>
>> 2021年10月17日(日) 10:26 Tokio <endotokio at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi Helmut,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your email.
>>> Pennylane is uncontrollable in terms of Drive. Regardless of Drive
>>> Level, the output of Pennylane is around 30dBm. I measured the power at the
>>> output of penny, no post-amp for this measurement.
>>> I would like to change the firmware of Penny.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Tokio