[hpsdr] HPSDR(Mercury, Pannylane, adn Metiz) and PowerSDR version

Riho B., ES7AAZ es7aaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 04:09:07 PDT 2021

Hi Helmut,

thanks for pointing out the 2.7kHz SSB TX bandwidth law and SNR stuff. I
did a little research about human voice spectrum and I found an article
which says, "In general, the fundamental frequency of the complex speech
tone – also known as the pitch or f0 – lies in the range of 100-120 Hz for
men, but variations outside this range can occur. The f0 for women is found
approximately one octave higher. For children, f0 is around 300 Hz."  I
narrowed W1AEX 2.8kHz SSB TX profile down to 2550Hz (same as 2.4kHz RX
filter in PowerSDR) and I see no difference in SSB TX quality. Anyway,
2100Hz seems too narrow for SSB TX. So, I leave my SSB TX profile
100-2550Hz. Thanks again!

Kontakt Riho B., ES7AAZ (<es7aaz at gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval T, 19.
oktoober 2021 kell 19:30: