[hpsdr] Questions about Magister (replaced Ozy)

Richard Koch n1gp at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:05:39 PST 2022

Hi Folks,

Calling out help from the Atlas HPSDR crowd 🙂

I have a system that I bought used and am testing it out.

I have an Atlas system:

Magister FW v2.8
Mercury FW v3.4
Penelope FW v1.8
Metis FW v3.0

Running OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.4.9 on Windows 10 64 bit.

Everything seems to work fine when using Ethernet/Metis and selecting Penelope as mic input,
but when using Magister I don't get any microphone input with Penelope selected.

In fact I notice that PSDR isn't able to read the correct firmware versions when Magister is running
but it can when Metis is running.

I'm wondering if there may be a configuration setting I'm missing or a jumper setting?
Or maybe that's just the way it works?

I've tried many different VME slot positions, none seem to make a difference.

I can get 1/2 watt out in TUNE mode w/ Magister, just no mic audio.

-Rick / N1GP