[hpsdr] Questions about Magister (replaced Ozy) FOUND ANSWER

Richard Koch n1gp at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:52:36 PST 2022

I went deep diving in to the lists.openhpsdr.org and found the answer
thanks to a post by Bill Tracey KD5TFD (Sun Aug 1 22:16:47 PDT 2010):

As to the jumpers on Magister - you want to place jumpers on SCL and
SDA to tie the I2C bus to the Atlas bus.   You also want to set MSEL0
to 1 and MSEL1 to 0 indicating PS mode programming.

Those jumpers were not installed on my Magister board. Installing them now lets
me detect the Penelope FW version (and Mercury's) as well as use its microphone input.

The picture of Magister on openhpsdr.org has the jumpers missing which threw me a bit.

Hope this helps any future Magister users.

-Rick / N1GP