[hpsdr] Penelope MIC input

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan ram at rkrishnan.org
Sat Jan 29 08:50:30 PST 2022

Thanks Helmut for the reply. Yes, I checked those jumpers many times and have the PTT uninstalled, the +v and AUD one on the RING (bottom left one on the Table 3 picture on page 6). i.e. BIAS=Yes, Microphone=Ring. The shield is on the common/ground pin of the mic.

What I am really surprised is why the bias voltage is not coming at all at the mic. I read the AIC23B data sheet and it should have given 3/4 of AVDD (3.3) ~= 2.475 Volts. But across the mic, I see 0 V.

Ram VU3RDD

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, at 9:13 PM, Helmut Oeller wrote:

> Hi Ram,
>
> check correct position of Mic/Bias-jumpers on Penelope board first (see
> page 6 of Penelope manual v.1.2).
>
> 73, Helmut, DC6NY

  Ramakrishnan