[hpsdr] Apache Labs Hermes

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan ram at rkrishnan.org
Tue Nov 29 20:33:10 PST 2022

Hey Dean,

I would have liked to get one too, but now Apache Labs is working from Australia and I don't know how the shipping/customs etc is going to turn out. So did not order.

Like you, I too use an Atlas based system with a 100W amp. It works great. Except for the non-functional mic/ptt input via Penelope, things are working okay. I used it in the CQWWCW contest last weekend and it worked amazingly well.

Some people seem to have moved on to other radios like HermesLite. I still like the good old hpsdr rig though I have used HL2 and it works nicely for the price. This list has some of the most knowledgeable people in the SDR world like Phil VK6PH.

73
Ram VU2JXN.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022, at 9:51 AM, Dean PROBERT wrote:

> Hi there Everybody,
>
> This list is a bit slow lately.
> Here is a bit of news from my neck of the woods.
>
> I just ordered/bought a fully assembled and tested Hermes Board from Apache Labs
> My intention is to put it into a Sailor T1130 amplifier I have.
> 100-250 Mw in for 500 watts plus or minus a few out.
> The lead time is 8 to 10 weeks for delivery.
>
> My Atlas based HPSDR is running into a Danmar HF 1200 solid state amp since 2009.
> I use PowerSDR with an i5 HP desktop Windows 10.
> The setup works extremely well now everything is sorted out.
>
> Cheers Dean.  VK5LB

Ramakrishnan