[hpsdr] Phoenix

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Sat Apr 15 09:49:47 PDT 2023

Helmut,

---
1: Would this work attached to the input of the DC854D-E ADC board?

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-z10046b-pm#overview

You can find the DC854D-E schematic on my website: https://ad0es.net/dfcADC/

---
2: I have an elecraft AT1 step attenuator, switched steps of: 1dB - 1dB
- 3dB - 6dB - 10dB - 20dB

https://elecraft.com/collections/at1-model/products/at1-step-attenuator-kit

Would this go between the preamp and DC854D-E?

---
3: I believe the band pass of the DC854D-E is 1MHz - 70MHZ.  I am
sampling @ 61.44MHz for Nyquist 30MHz/10 meters.

I think I can live with that for now?

Eventually I expect to build a complete replacement board, but am hoping
the above 2 items will get me by till then?
Any suggestions for an alternate COTS preamp?  Something I can buy now
for use during the real front end design cycle?

tia,
Steve AD0ES
ps: thanks for the help, I can code the snot off a gorilla, but I'm a
complete analog nube...