[hpsdr] Radio Heads

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Mon May 1 12:09:29 PDT 2023

James,

I've just started to take my Phoenix receiver in that direction (more or
less), go to May 1:

https://community.element14.com/technologies/fpga-group/b/blog/posts/direct-fourier-conversion-software-defined-radio-using-cuda-processing

With RX only antennas, there isn't exactly a "head", but this would
place the ADC within a few feet of the antenna connection.  The 450' to
the shack won't
incur any loss as its digital by then. And it allows the antennas to be
in a much more optimal location, ie. the top of my mountain, not down in
valley behind hills.

Steve AD0ES