[hpsdr] Radio Heads

Helmut Oeller oeller at freenet.de
Tue May 2 07:01:43 PDT 2023

Hi,

there are many good  reasons in communciations to put the 'radio head'
close to the antenna(s). Especially at microwave and/or high bandwidth
requirements this approach is often the the most economic way. Modern 5G
or  6G networks as well other commercial LAN, WLAN and MAN concepts
follow that way.

For  our ham world a impartial evaluation seems me necessary: Frequency
range, required data bandwidth (full duplex), max. distance antenna/
server, link options like ethernet, coaxial cable or wireless and after
all the cost of the solution. How many hams need a such a split
installation?

You see many questions and few answers, hi.

73, Helmut, DC6NY