[hpsdr] PureSignal for HPSDR/Penelope/Mercury

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun May 28 08:14:44 PDT 2023

Hi,

the development of PS started more than 10 years ago and was set up for
the Hermes board. Note that Hermes has only 1 physical frontend, but the
large FPGA  can contain several DDCs (digital down converter), which are
simultaneously fed on the ADC data. A common sampling oscillator
supplies the ADC as well as the DAC, i.e coherence is given.

George nicely listed all important reasons, why Atlas based HPSDR boards
can't use PS together with PowerSDR PS or Thetis. Nevertheless FYI: My
friend HB9EPU, an exceptionally gifted coder operates his own algorithm
of digital predistortion successfully using 2 Mercuries and a Penelope.
Minor Hardware mods for coherence were necessary, but the whole setup
runs in his individual Linux environment. All is possible, hi.

73, Helmut, DC6NY