[hpsdr] [FPGA_USB] Review/Comments FPGA_USB Board - April 5, 2006

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 04:41:09 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06, Ray Anderson <ray.anderson at xilinx.com> wrote:
> Phil-
>
> A couple questions just to aid my mental calibration:
>
>         The schematic you posted shares a lot of commonality with Leon's
> Lionheart schematic.
>
> Is this a possible alternative to Lionheart or is it part of your
> Mercury board design (prior to the inclusion of the LTC2208 ADC)?
>
>         I'm just trying to make sure I've got the architecture clear in
> my mind.
>
> -Ray   WB6TPU

Hi Ray,

Think of it as Lionheart's bigger brother.   This part is critical to
the success of the whole project - without it the Atlas is pretty much
useless for now.

I am dedicated to the idea that the HPSDR designs will be open -
hardware, firmware, and software.  I also will try to use "free" tools
in the development of the projects in which I am a contributor to the
extent it is reasonably possible and makes sense to do so.  At the
very least, the files will be available (gerbers, PDF shematics,
Quartus files, etc...) for anyone to be able to continue on with this
project in case a member of the HPSDR "design team" decides to move
on.

I hope that there will be enough interest that there will be multiple
boards of the same basic function to choose from.

73 de Phil N8VB