[hpsdr] GALI74 amplifier

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 7 09:54:20 PDT 2006

Hi All,
  Been stuffing insulation at new QTH and away from the mail for a few days. This amplifier again has excessive gain so the input IP3 is only plus 13 dBM. Yes it is quiet but I prefer gains under 15 dB for best gain distribution. This amplifier as an RF amp has too much gain ahead of a mixer and as a post amp has a low input IP3.
  Say we use an h mode mixer with an IP3 of over 40 dBM we would need a post amp with at least the same performance at the input.
  I've been chasing dynamic range since my parents bought me a Heath GR64 for Christmas in '64 with many years of hard knocks. gfz