[hpsdr] OZy Speed Test

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Aug 4 15:06:33 PDT 2006

Think the only reason we chose 24 Mhz is because that's what the Xylo
defaulted to.   Once we got things running we did see some problems at 12
and 48 Mhz, and we never got around to sorting out why.

For the moment we're trying to make the Ozy as much like Xylo to get up and
running and then we'll optimize it.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)

At 04:19 PM 8/4/2006, Philip Covington wrote:
><...>
>The reason I allowed for the option to run the CPU other than 48 MHz
>is that the Xylo board, which was used in the development of the JANUS
>card, was run at 24 MHz.  Phil H or Bill T will probably be able to
>tell you why they used 24 MHz - I am not sure.
<...>