[hpsdr] PlayStation 3

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Sun Dec 10 08:05:35 PST 2006

John Nordlund wrote:

> Some of us are patiently waiting for the hardware guys to do their best
> stuff so we can go after the software and do our best stuff.
> As you say, the software is where the fun is.

Seconded wholeheartedly. The world is anxiously waiting for the Janus/Ozy couple to be generally available..:-)
Seriously, while we are at this, I have a question to you, GPL gurus...

I understand Ozy can be accessed rather easily under Windows by using the libusb library.
Unless I am wrong libusb is GPLed.
What if I write a DLL that uses libusb, and I release the source code of that DLL under the GPL terms ?
Could I then call that DLL from another program which is not GPLed ?
Or this can be done only with the LGPL licensing scheme ? And, supposing this last statement is true, what about
releasing libusb under LGPL ?

Comments ?  Thanks.

73  Alberto  I2PHD