[hpsdr] Cyclone II with Nios core for SDR

Murray Lang murray.lang at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Dec 12 17:10:27 PST 2006

Philip Covington wrote:
> Murray,
>
> Please keep us updated on your progress with Nios and the Cyclone II.
> Sounds like an interesting project.  Maybe some DttSP functions can be
> sped up with the Nios C2H compiler.
>
> Phil N8VB
Yes, although if the performance is insufficient without such
optimisations I'd be questioning how far to continue because of the
ceiling on future enhancements. Still, the silicon is getting faster so
the effort might not be wasted. I wonder how much scope there is for
true concurrency with some of the logic.

Murray VK6HL