[hpsdr] Proto or not proto?

Vaclav Sal (Volt) A-Vaclav.Sal at PACCAR.com
Mon Jul 17 10:23:13 PDT 2006

I'll admit it - I am a lurker.

However, since I have done few designs myself I would like to point out
this about proto board.

The effort spent "dead bugging" may as well be spent laying out a real
circuit board unless you are designing your circuit as you go!

Proto board is a complicated proposition in today's surface mounted
technology especially when mixing RF signals with control signals,
mixing different power sources etc.

However, if one insists on prototyping - RS sells real handy small
boards (numbered .1 inch grid) and SMT to .1 grid adapters are also
available.

I personally think modified "software" motto is due - keep it small....
.and you do not need proto board.

73 AA7EJ Vaclav