[hpsdr] OZY Startup Info

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Mon Jul 17 08:28:49 PDT 2006

Oh my,

What causes the difference?  Is it the change from 171 to 170?  I
substituted 170 parts for the 171 part on the Atlas because of the
availability.  The only difference I spotted was the thickness of the
part.  I thought marking the cathode on a diode was the accepted standard
and didn't think to check that when I was comparing specs for the
substitution.

I haven't received any comments back on the Atlas kits I sent out.

Yes I have the reel of RED LEDs here.  I haven't shipped any of those yet
with any kits.  I was just about to print the 'instruction sheet' for
another batch, so I'll need to add some notes before I do so.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Christopher T. Day wrote:

> Ok, looks as though the problem is that what Phil_C ordered and sent out
> to the other Alpha builders was not the same device as that in the parts
> list Phil_C pointed to and that I ordered separately. (Phil_C's note is
> below:)

> ---
> Hi Lyle,
>
> <http://sales.digikey.com/scripts/ru.dll?action=pb_view&pb_glue=1011790>
>
> is the Digikey parts list.  The 1K and 10k resistor were order in reel
> quantity as well as the LEDs and 0603 0 ohm jumpers.
>
> The FAN1112 regulators were ordered from Mouser.
>
> 73 de Phil C

> ---
>
> The two devices _do_ differ as to which lead is marked, so everybody is
> right.
>
> I suspect the device number was swapped when the reel quantity of LEDs
> was ordered.
>
> If the reel went to TAPR, I suspect we are also in for a LOT of
> confusion when kits go out.
>

> 	Chris - AE6VK

John, W9DDD