[hpsdr] Proto or not proto?

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 16:44:33 PDT 2006

Vaclav!

This was a disguised  'ping'!

I agree with everything you say here. With the exception of the fact that we
have a VERY carefully designed Atlas board with a very well defined DIN
connector.  Without a 96 pin connector, 'ya don't have a ticket to ride'.
Perhaps, all we need is a VERY thin slice of a board with a 96 pin connector
and a SCSI cable or sumsuch going to whatever the inexpensive breadboard a
user wants! The current project leaders all have 'high end' sophisticated
PCB design packages, and they have shown that they can 'whip boards' out as
if they were software. (naw ain't that easy! But..) I don't think Bill -
KD5TFD can whip out hardware designs at the flick of an eyelash, but he sure
has done great with 'dead bug'!

Basically in the really 'FUN' nature of this group, I think we can do
something inexpensive and HPSDR or say Atlas bus specific which is the
ultimate in prototyping systems! Heck, with the creative and genius nature
of the group assembled here we might just come up with the next best ATX
powered protyping system! Just leave the 96 pin connector off, and forget
HPSDR.. Stack it on top of Pinocchio and go the distance WITH HPSDR. But
order one anyway! Let's give it a shot anyway. WHAT does one want in a SMT
versatile prototyping system. Seems like we have the contributors and and
even joking nature here to define something! Shouldn't cost more than $15
with leds, regulators and a DIN connector (just in case ya wanna ride!).

Thanks!

Eric - AA4SW

  _____