[hpsdr] Type of kits forthcoming

Bob Fish K6GGO rwfish at comcast.net
Fri Jul 21 08:36:21 PDT 2006

Normally I would prefer option "A" because I enjoy the building process, and it is usually cheaper. I do have some experience with SMT so I don't believe I would have a problem with it. However, I hadn't considered the cost of repackaging for kits. So the cost savings of option "A" might be washed out. I could easily be talked into Option "B" with some of the more difficult components premounted. Just because I am capable of doing that kind of work doesn't mean it won't give me a headache. As for testing, I don't mind testing the cards at this end. Provided there is a test procedure with Pass/Fail criteria and it won't require a logic analyzer. If it can be done with a dvm, a scope and maybe sig generator I could handle it. I guess my long winded answer would be option "B"

Bob  K6GGO