[hpsdr] Horton with Trumpet??

Murray Lang murray.lang at metoceanengineers.com
Mon Jul 10 19:31:11 PDT 2006

Would I be talking out of turn here to make a request? Profuse apologies if
so and I'll go back to just observing, but this topic touches on something
I'd like to experiment with when I finally get my hands on an HPSDR.

I'd like to be able to use Cashmir as a "modulator" to plug a signal
directly into a receiver. Obviously an external attenuator would do the
job, but if there is a way to get the low level signal directly from
Cashmir that would be nice. Where I see this being useful is in the remote
receiver scenario where the operator would prefer to use his old rig as the
interface rather than a computer. If the rig has serial control such as
CAT, then these control signals could be transmitted to the remote PC to
move a filter (virtual/proxy receiver) over the Mercury output or whatever.
I haven't though too much about the TX side but it's not hard to dream up
scenarios.

Another use for such a feature in Cashmir is where HPSDR is used as a
flexible RF signal generator, in which case perhaps an option for a
switchable output attenuator might be beneficial if there's room.

I'm back in my box now (c:

Murray Lang - VK6HL