[hpsdr] Type of kits forthcoming?...

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Fri Jul 21 21:47:42 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 07:39:44PM -0500, Ken Klein wrote:

> Steve;
>
> Well said, your email.  Thanks for the insights.
>

> As for testing, I think that that is what this is all about.  I'm not
> interested in a new appliance, which is why I own a SDR.  I'm almost hoping
> that the boards don't work first time, since I believe the learning
> experience of troubleshooting the boards is well worth it, and actually most
> of the fun.  I think we should all search out and cherish those challenges.

FWIW, where I come from, we call boards that don't work after machine
assembly a "yield problem", and sort out the manufacturing processes
to keep the yield north of 95%.  Trust me, you want the assembly house
on the hook for this stuff, particularly if they signed off on the
"design for manufacturability" _prior_ to having them fab and
assemble the boards.

Eric, K7GNU