[hpsdr] UK Supplies for AK5394

Len Nunn len.nunn at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jun 12 11:45:24 PDT 2006

Bill Tracey wrote:

> Still need to add about $25 to cover the AK5394 and the other parts
> not in the BOM yet.   Does not appear there'd be much benefit in going
> for lots greater than 100 from this exercise.

For interest to other shipbuilders out there in the UK I have found that
the UK AKM distributor, DIP International, have supplies of the AK5394
in stock.  Cost is a whopping GBP15.50 + 17.5% tax + GBP4 postage.  The
contact there admitted that the price to him in the UK is inflated above
that to US distributors because, I presume the volumes are less.

Before I place my order I thought that I would check to see whether an
alternative supplier of one-off volumes of this ship have been found in
the last couple of weeks, or whether there have been any discussions
with TAPR about supplies of the hard-to-find HDSR parts as well as
boards & complete parts kits.

With thanks,
Len  G6YZB