[hpsdr] UK Supplies for AK5394

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jun 12 17:17:48 PDT 2006

Len,

I don't know that anyone has made a firm decision on how to go about
getting stock on this part  -- the price you're getting quoted is pretty
lousy compared to the 14-17 $US we've been hearing over her.

Problem over here is that there is not stock to be had from the local
distributor.  I did manage to get 10 chips to cover the alpha prototypes
with a lot of help from a fellow list reader that was able to talk
AllAmerican (the local distributor) to sell us some with bent pins that we
will use on the Alpha boards.   AllAmerican's outlook for fresh stock is
anywhere from June 23 to 6 weeks from now depending on who you ask.

I'm hoping once the Atlas parting operation at TAPR is completed  and  we
get the Alpha's built and proved out we'll turn more seriously to the
question of how to get the hard parts for ship builder types for Janus and
Ozy.    I'd think that would also be accompanied by some thoughts on how to
handle the sailing (eg assembled boards) contingent as well.   I suspect
TAPR will be interested in kiting Janus and Ozy  - however, they will need
volunteers to help make that happen  -- think they can help in getting
large orders placed and finding where to get things ... but I don't think
they have an army of elfs in the back room at TAPR waiting to take bulk
parts and package into kits - that will have to come from the community here.

Regards,

Bill  (kd5tfd)