[hpsdr] Fwd: Horton Local Oscillator

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Sat Jun 17 07:09:51 PDT 2006

> <Posted on behalf of Phil VK6APH>

> The paper is at
>
> < http://216.92.71.47/HPSDR/TEMP_STUFF/Horton%20Local%20Oscillator.doc >

And the paper referenced above says in part:

> Horton requires  I and Q square wave signals  to drive its QSD.

The signals are required to cover the HF Amateur bands in discrete steps.

For discussion purposes it is assumed that the steps will be 10kHz and

that interpolation within these steps will be done in PowerSDR.

Maybe this is a naive question, but are we limiting "Horton" to
receiving only HF ham bands?

I cannot find any reference on website or wiki that really specifies
this, although the HPSDR introduction (on both) refers that the HPSDR
project is of interest to both licensed ham radio operators and SWLs.

If Horton is intended for ham band only reception, then we need to say
so.  If it is intended to receive 0 through 30 MHz for instance, then we
need to say so and plan the local oscillator accordingly.  If ham band
only, is anyone thinking about another module for 0-30 MHz???

Don AE5K