[hpsdr] Warning on Atlas! NO HIGH TEMP WORK!

KD5NWA kd5nwa at cox.net
Sat Jun 17 14:47:55 PDT 2006

One question, why? A board with SMT components
but can't take SMT soldering temperatures, that
is bizarre. Or a decision made by a select few.

By the way the fiberglass can take it, it's the
glue that likes to melt and let go of the layers.

I do hope that future boards full of SMT
components are going to use epoxy rated for SMT work.

At 03:29 PM 6/17/2006, you wrote:

>Folks!
>
>Although I posted a ‘directed’ message regarding
>Atlas boards I sent. I will post again here!
>
>WARNIING
>
>DO NOT! Rework Atlas in an elevated temperature environment, like ovens!!
>
>The fiberglass used is NOT high temperature
>compliant and could de-laminate! These are a
>Jewel of the start of this wonderful project!
>Trust you abilities to make the solder joint’s
>yourself! There are only about 1000 or so solder points to make!!  (Smile!)
>
>This is the ‘right of passage’ into this wonderful realm of HPSDR!
>
>C U in Friedrichsahaen!
>
>Eric – AA4SW – V31SR

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

"Windows the worlds most successful software virus"