[hpsdr] Ethernet as a communications mode

Richard Hosking richardh at iinet.net.au
Sat May 13 16:39:04 PDT 2006

Dear all

Appreciate that the list is going wild with brainstorming ideas but
here's another one
I have often pondered the possibilities of using ethernet for a SDR
front end (though I dont have the skills to write the software!)
I can envisage the radio being remote from a PC controlling it. The
siganal could even be streamed from the other side of the world. USB
seems to be much more limited in this regard.
Is this a real possibility? How hard would this be to implement?

Richard
VK6BRO