[hpsdr] "Pool" for the difficult parts.

Gerda & Kevin g5rda at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 31 11:05:00 PDT 2006

I can’t agree more with Peter’s (G3LWT) comments, regarding sourcing parts
here in the UK. Even when you can find them listed they are over priced
compared to other parts of the world! I don’t know what the answer is,
certainly not using Digi-Key (recently available in the UK) I’ve recently
been stung with a £56 bill for £19 worth of components! (Import duty / VAT &
courier charges). In the US catalogue the components added up to $14!
I would vote for a ‘system’ to obtain the more difficult / expensive
components.

Kevin
M0KHZ