[hpsdr] [OZY] QFP or BGA?

Ahti Aintila oh2rz.sdr at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:22:46 PDT 2006

NO!, NO!!, NO!!! for BGAs. And I have been doing wafer bumping for BGA
packages! Stay in peripheral connections. To me even the flip-chip
assembly with 4 mil pitch peripheral bumps feels easier than grid
array bumps with wider pitch. Also the circuit board layout will
remain simpler. Nothing beats the leaded packages. (In this context
"lead" is  not same as Pb)

Ahti OH2RZ