[hpsdr] JTAG explanation and sample code

Gerda & Kevin g5rda at tiscali.co.uk
Sat May 13 05:05:42 PDT 2006

> A book you might find interesting is "HDL Chip Design" bu Douglas Smith,
>ISBN 0-9651934-3-8.  It is copyright 1996, my copy is the 8th printing
>which contains some revisions and updates and was printed in October
>2000. I don't know if a newer edition is available.
 >
>This book covers the fundamentals of Verilog and VHDL, and gives all
>sorts of practical examples of logic using both languages for each and
>every example.

>Enjoy!

>73,

>Lyle KK7P

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm now at the starting line, and considering
purchasing a development board, any suggestions?
The Spartan 3 looks promising (cheap!) or perhaps Xylo ? Any
recommendations? Or should I wait a few months or weeks at the current pace
of board development :) for the HPSDR prototype board?

Doug Smiths Book is an astronomical price! has anyone recently checked,
Amazon price secondhand is £177.52 (UK pounds!)
well beyond my pocket.

Thanks again.
Kevin
M0KHZ