[hpsdr] Question - audio noise and Janus

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Sat May 13 20:21:39 PDT 2006

Hi Richard,

I have a 'dead bug' breadboard of the Janus A/D board running with a number
of  A/D converter chips connected. The best chip so far gives a -160dBm
noise floor (in a 11Hz bandwidth) and a 120dB dynamic range.  That's about
state of the art for both figures I think. How close we can get with a PCB
layout remains to be seen but Lyle's layout follows all the rules so my bet
is we are going to get very close to the performance of the breadboard.

73's Phil.... VK6APH