[hpsdr] [OZY] Schematic Update May 18, 2006 - REVXA.5

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Fri May 19 16:52:58 PDT 2006

Phil,

My apologies, I confused myself again. I forgot that there are _two_
JTAG busses on Ozy, one from the header that only goes to the local
Cyclone II, and another on the Atlas bus that goes to some GP I/O pins
of the Cyclone II and then to JTAG segments on daughter boards. [BTW,
does the chain close if there is an unpopulated socket on Atlas? Or is
there a jumper to close the chain on the last Atlas board?] To use the
second one from USB, FX2 should be in Port mode, and the Cyclone II
needs a configuration file loaded that hooks up some of the FX2 Port
pins through the Cyclone II to the Atlas JTAG bus. Then the FX2 can run
the Atlas JTAG bus to access everything except the local Ozy JTAG; the
Local Ozy Cyclone II has several other means of being programmed through
the FX2. Yes, we did work through this before and I forgot. If I keep
writing it down like this, maybe at some point I'll get it fixed in my
head. Sorry to distract you.

	Chris - AE6VK