[hpsdr] Janus & Ozy.

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 08:20:08 PST 2006

Here is another data point:

OZY and JANUS work together as a system, so to have a sound card
replacement you need to purchase both.  The other projects such as
Mercury will rely on the OZY board for connectivity to the PC so OZY
will not have to be purchased again.  I know that it does not make
much difference to those who only want a sound card replacement for
their SDR-1000, but for those who intend to purchase other HPSDR
boards it does make a difference.  The OZY has much more application
possibility than only as a connection for JANUS.  $250 for a general
purpose FPGA development board is not too bad when you consider the
cost of similar boards. (not that $250 is the final price)

Phil N8VB