[hpsdr] erlink-sr & HPSDR?

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:24:55 PST 2006

On 11/28/06, George Medakovich <George at medakovich.com> wrote:

> Philip Covington wrote:
>
> > Any help we can get on any of the platforms is welcome.
> >

> gnu radio is about as cross-platform as it gets right now, it supposedly
> builds on winders, linux and other unices.  Could the .NET/C# code be ported
> to .gnu?

GNU Radio is portable across platforms because it has a "core" of
libraries written in C++/Python, which is make available using SWIG to
generate an API at build time. This makes the libraries available to
C/C++ as they normally are, plus bindings for other languages
including Python, Perl, C#, LISP, and Java.

> It would be neat if the whole thing could be built as a stand-alone network appliance...

In some cases I agree, depending on how you want to use it. It also
could introduce unwanted latency in certain applications. And we'd
need a Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) / Gigabit Ethernet interface module
developed too. I'm not volunteering to develop it. (I don't have the
skills)