[hpsdr] Janus Beta Files Uploaded

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun Sep 24 11:20:51 PDT 2006

Cecil Bayona wrote:

>> I also updated the copyright notices and referenced the TAPR OHL, and
>> added a license file to the PCB zip...
>>
> What happened to this being an open project?

It is open, Cecil.  That's why the PCB files, schematics, Verilog code,
PowerSDR drivers, etc., are freely published.

Some aspects are not "free to exploit commercially" (free beer) but all
are "free to share and learn from and use personally" (free speech).  If
a commercial entity wishes to exploit the "non commercial use" design
work, they can contact the owners of the IP and negotiate that with them.

Note that some portions of the HPSDR project will be designated "non
commercial use" and others will not have this restriction.  That is up
to the developer; it is his art and sweat and his prerogative.  The TAPR
OHL, when published, will make this all very clear.  It is
philosophically very similar to the GPL for software.

73,

Lyle KK7P