[hpsdr] Epi idea

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 03:57:54 PDT 2007

At 07:24 PM 4/1/2007, Chris Salinas wrote:

>Input TX power should handle the full output of Penelope. Nothing
>says we have to stick with 28Mhz as the input IF. Of course, if you
>have another idea about what will be the 144 exciter, I'm all ears.

Another thing, it would be nice to have at least the full 4 MHz range
of 2m in the transverter, possibly even more, if there is any intent
to use it as an IF for higher bands.  And the IF for the transverter
could be anywhere.  Is it better to have it in or out of a ham band?

>Output power would depend on Epi's power handling at the crosspoint
>switch. If I'm running cables out to a microwave transverter up a
>tower, it would be nice to have up to 30mW drive max, that is also
>adjustable. Adjustment could be analog or digital by nature.
>
>I'm assuming that this could be used for satellite, so it would be
>nice to have full-duplex ability. I would say that the RX and TX are
>kept separate and only would share a single 116Mhz Osc (that's if
>28Mhz is used).

Full duplex would be nice.  Satellite work is normally crossband
though.  Full duplex on 2m in this instance is probably going to be
most useful for L/V, L/S and higher microwave bands, where the 2m I/O
is being used as an IF.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com