[hpsdr] Pico-ITX as possible processor for HPSDR?

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Sun Aug 12 11:21:06 PDT 2007

Tim Schoenfelder wrote:

> ...I believe
> that the siren board is aligned with that goal at least to some extent.
> To that end, I've contemplated something with a USB interface such as
> one of the HP Ipaqs or their legacy Compaq Ipaqs...

The Siren doesn't come close to having enough cycles to do the job. At
48kHz complex sampling, the optimized FFT is more than a factor of 6 too
slow, and that doesn't count the doubling up needed for Forward-Inverse
pairs for doing fast convolution.

It can easily be set up with IIR filters to do many specific tasks very
capably, but it's not a general-purpose solution by any means.

73
Frank
AB2KT