[hpsdr] PCR100 made it.

kd5nwa kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 07:27:29 PST 2007

Yesterday I received my PCR100 units and they both work fine, had a
little scare but it turns out for some reason my Serial port was
disabled. I posted and re-arranged the manuals and software on my web
site with patches so they can run on XP.

<  URL:http://www.hpsdr.com/Public/Radios/pcr-100/  >

This toy is kind of handy, it has a FFT function were given a
frequency range it slowly scans that range and displays a graph with
the signals in that range. You can click on a signal, and the radio goes there.

I programmed some local AM/FM, severe weather, and Police channels
and it's all working just fine. I listened to the Police dispatch
channel for about 30 minutes, those guys don't get paid enough! One
item, a disturbance at a house, the father is assaulting a teenage
daughter who fears for her life, officer is dispatched, about 2
minutes later the base calls the officer with priors on the guy
(illegal alien), drunken disorderly conduct, carrying a unlicensed
concealed weapon, and assaulting a police officer, he then request
backup. Like I said these guys don't get paid enough.

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
beat you with experience.'