[hpsdr] PCR100 made it.

kd5nwa kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 12:02:41 PST 2007

At top notch receiver it's not(not even a moderate notch), and that
is why I refer to it as a toy, I can hear what I surmise as spurs at
different spots. Given that, I can pickup AM/FM,  weather, local
services and airport frequencies fairly well so it serves it's purpose.

As I sit here at my desk reading, I have it in the background playing
classical music with the volume set low. It works better than the
FM/AM radio/alarm in terms of clarity and being able to pick up far
away stations, on FM I have to turn on the 20 dB attenuator to
prevent overload on local FM stations.

At 01:41 PM 2/23/2007, you wrote:
>On 2/23/07, kd5nwa <kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>
>>Yesterday I received my PCR100 units and they both work fine, had a
>>little scare but it turns out for some reason my Serial port was
>>disabled. I posted and re-arranged the manuals and software on my web
>>site with patches so they can run on XP.
>>
>><  URL:http://www.hpsdr.com/Public/Radios/pcr-100/  >
>>
>>This toy is kind of handy, it has a FFT function were given a
>>frequency range it slowly scans that range and displays a graph with
>>the signals in that range. You can click on a signal, and the radio
>>goes there.
>>
>>Cecil Bayona
>>KD5NWA
>>www.qrpradio.com
>
>Has anyone fed the 10.7 MHz IF into a spectrum analyzer yet?  If not,
>I have a PCR100 I can dig out and hook into the QS1R prototype in
>spectrum analyzer mode to see what the IF looks like.  According to
>some on the SDR-14 list, the PCR-1000 is pretty nasty with spurs when
>they hooked it into the SDR-14 (whatever that really means).  Any
>which way it will be interesting.
>
>Phil N8VB

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning."
-- Rich Cook.