[hpsdr] PCR100 made it.

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:12:20 PST 2007

On 2/23/07, kd5nwa <kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> At top notch receiver it's not(not even a moderate notch), and that
> is why I refer to it as a toy, I can hear what I surmise as spurs at
> different spots. Given that, I can pickup AM/FM,  weather, local
> services and airport frequencies fairly well so it serves it's purpose.
>
> As I sit here at my desk reading, I have it in the background playing
> classical music with the volume set low. It works better than the
> FM/AM radio/alarm in terms of clarity and being able to pick up far
> away stations, on FM I have to turn on the 20 dB attenuator to
> prevent overload on local FM stations.

I used to have a PCR-1000 a long time ago.  It had its problems (I
remember it had some problems with strong signals) but overall I liked
it.  I picked up that PCR-100 and got sidetracked on other things so I
haven't really ever had it hooked up.  I am anxious to see what the IF
looks like in PowerSDR... It looks like the 10.7 MHz IF is about 200
kHz wide if I remember correctly.  I wonder how far along the 10.7 MHz
Odyssey Siren is?  It might be easier just to find a 42.8(ish) MHz
crystal for a SoftRock...

Phil N8VB