[hpsdr] Documentation assistance required

Joe - AB1DO ab1do at optonline.net
Tue Feb 20 07:01:13 PST 2007

Phil,

I must be nuts, but I'd be willing to (or help) put together the
documentation you request. As you might know, I also pretty much
collated/wrote/edited the FlexRadio SDR-1000 operating manual.

A warning up front though. Although I possess all the skills required to put
together a professional, efficient document, I am pretty much a dunce when
it comes to the Ozy and FPGA. I've been following this reflector and
everything around the HPSDR pretty much since its inception back in the days
when it started as a thread on the flexradio reflector, moved to the xylo
reflector and later on became the hpsdr reflector/wiki/website, so I have a
basic understanding of what's going on. But I will also admit there is many
a time when I'm just hanging on by my finger nails.

The enthousiasm and excitement of those putting in the work is catching
though - hey I've even put my money where their mouths are (told you I was
nuts). Anyway, I have time to dedicate to trying to put together something
sensible. And lets face it, given that I would need to start pretty much
from scratch in getting to grips with this puppy once the boards arrive,
maybe that's a good thing?

So if you and others are willing to submit to a barrage of very mundane
questions (if you think I jest, ask Eric at FlexRadio) and also willing to
put in the time to read over and comment/edit the nonsence I put to paper,
then I'm willing to work towards writing an operating manual. I suggest that
the manual source be in OpenOffice Writer (yes that will mean that you and
others will need Open Office to read over and comment) and placed on the SVN
server. "Publication" should be in PDF.

Let me know what you think.

73 de Joe - AB1DO

BTW: given that all I have at this stage is a couple of Atlas boards, what
should I do and where should I start prior to receiving Ozy and Janus
boards?