[hpsdr] PCR100 10.7MHz Mods

kd5nwa kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 22 14:54:01 PST 2007

For those that don't have a copy, I have a copy of the user's manual,
the service manual with schematics,  wiring for the null modem cable,
and the software that came with the radio at the following link;

<  URL:http://www.hpsdr.com/Public/Radios/pcr-100/  >

I just got home and my radio was waiting in the front porch.

At 02:27 PM 2/22/2007, peter at gehughes.us wrote:

>Hi Jason,
>
>That may have been the mod for the PRC1000...
>Anyway.. I did get 10.7 MHZ out and ran it into an HP8561E and it did
>demodulate properly so I am pretty sure I got the right place.. :-)
>
>Having the Service Manual sure made this easy....
>
>Peter
>N7BMG
>

> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >
> > Thank you Peter.  I just got my PCR-100 yesterday and after a few hour
> > of playing with it was itching to tap into the IF and hook up a new SR
> > I built just for this purpose.
> >
> > I had found info on where to tap the 10.7Mhz IF on this page:
> > http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PCR-100#Modifications
> >
> > But when I opened up my radio....none of what was described was there!
> >  Little bit of google later I had the service manual and found there
> > isn't even a Q85 on the 100!  Looking at the block diagram and the
> > schematic it looked like it would still be possible but at that point
> > it was getting late and I was too tired to think about it anymore :D
> >
> > Hopefully tonight I'll have more luck thanks to your research!
> >
> > ----
> > Jason Hitesman
> > N8INJ

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
beat you with experience.'