[hpsdr] For budding firmware hackers...

Christopher T. Day CTDay at LBL.Gov
Sat Feb 24 11:27:30 PST 2007

Malcolm,

SVN is a source code repository system, i.e., a client-server set of
software for storing source code and keeping track of changes as it is
developed. It's proper name is Subversion. Assuming you're using
Windows, you can get the client software you will need from
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/, follow the Downloads link. It's very
simple to install.

Once it's in place, right-click on the desktop and choose SVN
Checkout.... Put

<
svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/AE6VK/Janus/tags/Alpha2/
1.0.0 >

in for the URL and an empty folder for the checkout directory. That will
pull down the CPLD source.

I know this is a very sketchy set of instructions. Since Subversion is
also the way the PowerSDR code is maintained, I can punt here and refer
you to
http://flex-radio.com/download_files/PowerSDR/Docs/TortoiseSVN.pdf for
more details. Keep me posted as to how you get on.

            Chris - AE6VK

  _____